If you are considering hosting a parish in LAGenWeb, and coordinating the parish project; please look over our basic webpage requirements, as indicated below...
- You must have both the USGenWeb logo, and the LAGenWeb logo prominently located on your main page.
- You must have a link to both The USGenWeb Project, and The LAGenWeb Projecton your main page. A link to your Parish's Archives at USGenWeb is required on your site, as well. These pages may be found right here.
- An active email address, where you may be reached, is required; linked on at least the main page.
- A query page, where visitors' requests for genealogical information will be posted, must be maintained and updated by you, or a volunteer. There is an automatic method available, too. If you're confused, let me explain. There are 2 types of query pages:
- You can manually re-type the queries, or copy and paste them from your email.
- You can also sign-up for the automatic query system that many county and parish coordinators are now using. Here is an example of this type.
- As host, you must subscribe to the project mailing list, LAGENWEB-L. I will be happy to do this for you, at your request...just
- Finally, a page listing your volunteers, and helpful genealogy links are also mandatory...something like this.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 30 August 2007 )
Parish Sites Available for Adoption
We have many Parishes available for volunteers so please consider helping the LAGenWeb Project and adopt a parish. Parishes available include:
Ascension | Avoyelloes | Caldwell | Catahoula | East Baton Rouge | Grant | Iberia | Jefferson | Lafourche | Lincoln | St. Charles | St. James | St. John | St. Martin | St. Mary | St. Tammany | Webster | West Baton Rouge | West Felicliana.
My name is listed a contact person for each of these, but obviously I am not properly maintaining these sites. They need dedicated, interested coordinators so help us make the LAGenWeb a valuable research tool by helping us find the coordinators we need.
Thanks, Edward Hayden,